Monday, February 16, 2009

A Couple More Swap Cards....



Wow, this 3 day weekend has just FLOWN by!! I did get some of my swaps done...why I get into so many, I have NO IDEA!! Since I have started back to work, I really don't have time to commit to swaps, but, I am just so addicted that when I see one I wanna join, I can't resist! LOL This is for a Sketch Swap on my Yahoo group. I used one of my all time favorite stamps sets from Stampin' Up, Art of Life. The picture is crooked, I promise the card isn't...LOL! I was gonna bling this one up, but when I got the 3 panels on the Old Olive, I loved the simplicity, so I just left it. Since the rest of the card was plain, I just layered on the plain sentiment, too. I hope my partners like it!
For the next card, we were to use 3D Stickers of some sort. I bought some really gorgeous flowers, but I was having a hard time deciding how I wanted to lay them out on the card. I am NOT good with stickers! I have had these Red Hat Society Stickers for quite a while, and thought, what the hey, I will just use those! I love how they coordinate with the PP!
Well, it is 10 p.m. and I have to work in the morning, so off to bed I go. Have a week! See you soon!
Rubber Hugs,
Julie

7 comments:

Sally said...

Fabulous Cards!

Anonymous said...

lovely cards. thanks for leaving a comments about my gable container.

So what did I use to created this wonderful container.

the McDonald's cookie box.

Linda . J said...

Wow beautiful cards and the colour combinations are great.
Hugs Linda

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Hi Julie, I love the top one, It is simple but very elegant, sometimes simple is beautiful. The red hat card is cool too. I know what you mean about stickers, I have a ton of them but very rarely use them anymore.
hugs Cindy

Heather P. said...

These are lovely!

handcraftedgreetings said...

Hi Julie,

These are great cards! I especially love the red hat one.

Christy Dillman said...

Fabulous cards, love simplicity of 1st one yet so pretty!

Christy-SBS #27