Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Couple Just Because




Yesterday, my friend, Cindy, and I were just gabbing and creating. She found the cutest card on a blog..sorry, don't remember where, so we thought it would be FUN to case the card. This is the result. I used my new SU set, Trendy Trees. Oy, I need to practice my 2 step stamping...LOL!
Today we are taking a bit of a break to watch the Olympics.... particularly the U.S.A. vs. Canada Hockey game. Cin is a MAJOR hockey fan, and Canadian, and I love to watch a good hocky game, and American! Needless to say, this will be a good FUN game for us to watch. Hey, at least the Gold and Silver will BOTH be in North America, right?

Anyhoo, another little "project" we played with yesterday, was to make "Puffy Flowers". HERE is the link. I have seen these little cuties all over Blogland, and wanted to do them for a while, so Cindy sent me the link and said get on it...LOL! She made some, too, and I hope she will post her card made with it as well. ( As soon as I finished this post, I checked Cindy's Blog and her card is there...check it out HERE. )For mine I used newspaper...3 small and 7 large scallopped circles. SO EASY to make...if you like the look of them, DO give them a try!
Well, I am headed back to the game, and to make some some cards with images I have had colored for a while. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend! Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by!
Rubber Hugs,
Julie

2 comments:

the Purple One said...

I love the flower! I made some too, but not with newsprint! I like how yours turned out! :0)

~T~ said...

That flower rocks! I love the brown colors too!